New Year’s Eve is upon us and “2017” is knocking at the front door! I swear I can’t believe how quickly “2016” has come and gone. But a new year is here and it’s time to plan for greatness! The greatness I’m speaking of is adventure, wonder and the opportunity to marvel at anything and everything new and unfamiliar. This is not a new year’s resolution because I hate those, it’s my new mantra, my vision.
The bestie Veronica and I were having a discussion about this being the year of us “doing” and not just talking about seeing the world. We always talk about where we want to go. This is the time to actually put our "wants" into action. As my teammate Lee @ www.leeoutloud.com would say, “Let’s get sh$t done!" My planning began in Nov of 2016, because when I foresaw myself traveling the U.S or globe, it’s necessary to get my “thangs” in order.
- First, I made a pledge to myself to reduce unnecessary spending. It’s not easy but I keep thinking how the “experience” of my travels will be worth it.
- Secondly, try to eliminate debt. So any balance on my credit…I have vowed to make it disappear ASAP! The less money I owe, the more money the I can put towards my adventures.
- Third, narrow down my destinations for the year. Be specific about what experience I want to have and what cultures I want to immerse myself in. I have so many places I want to go but a sista only has so many vacation days…
- First adventure (The Far East): Manila, a lively and sprawling city and the Boracay Island of the Philippines. Known to many as a beautiful, tranquil paradise. Then off to Beijing, China to conquer the Great Wall and take to in the city’s rich history. This is a multi-city, multi-country expedition.
-Second adventure (North America): Los Cabos, Mexico. Mexico's fastest growing resort area offers miles of empty desert and deserted beaches. Laid-back nightlife and old-fashioned fun in the sun is the Cabos' lure. I know so many friends who love Cabo, I need to check it out.
- Third adventure (state side): Seattle, Washington. I’m told the Space Needle offers panoramic views of the mountains, but in the heart of the city lies Chihuly Garden and Glass, which will dazzle with its colorful and delicate works.
The year of 2016 was my year to move beyond limits that I placed on myself, stop worrying about the uncontrollable, while embracing and exploring new opportunities. In 2017 I’m going to welcome peace, dish out kindness, enjoy happiness and literally take on the world! One city, one country and one continent at a time. What are your plans this new year? What will you “do” in 2017?
Enjoy the Journey,