So ya’ll know I loooove to travel! But my other favorite past time is working out. If you have seen my personal IG page, @liberiangirl22, staying in shape is my thang! At first, my obsession with working out was fueled by vanity, now it’s all about being healthy and feeling good. My fitness goal has always been to be in the best shape as possible for as long as possible. I work out five days a week with the intention of staying in shape to avoiding having to get in shape.
Disclaimer: Let me just say that being Beach Body Ready ‘365’ DOES NOT mean you will look like me or anyone else for that matter. We all have different body types, it’s about feeling good and being fit based on your body composition. If you are thinking, “Tahlee you just have really good genes”, while that may be true, I have also made fitness a part of my lifestyle. Overtime I decided to build up a set of habits that allow me to stay in shape without putting in a lot of effort. Those habits have made the difference, and now I’m sharing them with my Besties!
1) I don't diet. ...No diet fads here! That sounds miserable, instead I make healthy eating habits. I’m still a work in progress but my diet is pretty clean. I’m listening to my body more, I know the foods that make me feel good and the foods that make me feel blah!
2) I find a way to enjoy exercise. ... If my workout routine consisted of getting on the treadmill every day, I would HATE working out too! So switch it up ladies! I started working out with my trainer (@dougthetrainer) in an effort to dodge boredom in the gym. It worked! Also check out this app SWORKIT, it gives different exercises to help you switch it up. Sports, boot camps and CrossFit are other options.
3) I prioritize my health and fitness. ... My commitment to staying fit has intensified over the years. At one point I worked out 3-4 days a week after work. Now, Monday- Friday, 6am like clockwork. It is interwoven into my daily routine. Even if it’s only 20 minutes a day, in your living room, get in the habit of doing it!
4) I don't eat perfect 100% of the time. ... Most of us need to cheat a little in order to keep our sanity. I have happy hour once a month with my girls, BEST believe I’m going to indulge! Giving yourself a cheat meal or day every once in a while ensures you don’t feel bitter about your healthy diet and go craaaaazy. Now listen, I said, A DAY(SINGULAR ), not a week nor a whole month, a day!
5) I TRY to get a lot of sleep. ... Because I get up every morning at 6am to work out, I need my sleep! (my friends know how I can be when I’m tired, sorry ya’ll) Not only does sleep give you the energy you need to work out on a regular basis, it also helps regulate your metabolism, repair your muscles, boost your athletic performance and more. 7 to 8 hours please!
6) I tend to hang around other fit people. ... So I have workout buddies that keep me accountable and vice versa. And although my friends and I love brunch and happy hour, we also believe in healthy cooking, trying new restaurants with local, fresh ingredients, and being more active as a result.
7) I stay active outside of the gym. ... While I make it a priority to get in a planned exercise on a regular basis, I don’t limit exercise solely to the gym. I cycle outdoor with my “Cycling Crew”, shout out them! I spin indoor and hike with my happy hour crew. I also enjoy snowboarding and flag football with my friends! Switch it up ya’ll
8) I keep drinking to a minimum. … I usually leave drinking for the weekend. If I do get my drank (yes I meant to say DRANK) on, I reduce the amount. Two drinks max and clean. Titos, tonic and a couple limes, fewer calories.
So ladies, we will NO LONGER wait for a special occasion to get in shape! We will NO LONGER kill ourselves to meet unrealistic goals in a ridiculous amount of time! We will NO LONGER view working out as a chore! Over the next few months I will be sharing everything I know about fitness. From healthy eating, various workout regimens, to fitness accessories you should have in your possession. This is our NEW lifestyle, let’s get to work ladies!
Enjoy the Journey,