Summer is coming… And summer brings beautiful weather, day parties, family outings, and just about any reason to be out and about. I am going to share my top 5 things that I will do this summer to make it one to remember.
1. Wear What I Want. That’s right damn it! I’m gonna wear with the hell I want this summer and not care what others are doing. We all do it. Well, at least every woman I know. If you are going out with your friends you have to get a rundown of what others are wearing so that you know what the mood is for the evening. I’ll be damned if she show up looking like Rah and I’m looking like nah. Is it a jeans and tee kinda night? Or is it a sexy dress and heels type of event? I usually need to know. I’m gonna chill on doing that and just show the hell up in the mood I am in for the night. If I feel like putting on my prom dress, I will be up in that place with that joint on and ALL in my glow. Head cocked to the side like, what?
2. Adult the Trends. Have you ever seen someone of a certain age try a fashion trend and think, “Ma’am, you are too grown for that.” If you haven’t, I have. I sincerely believe there is a way to adult most clothing. Being in my 30s, I sometimes wonder if I am pushing the you too grown for that envelope. But guess what…. For all summer 17 IDGAF. Ok, that’s a lie. I kinda care but not fully care. So this summer, I will seek out younger trends and adult them to my liking. If you have a trend that you think is too young but want to try, share it in the comments below. I would love to show you how I would rock it. But don’t come with no foolishness. Ok? Ok.
3. Perk Up My Hair. Ok. Can I tell y’all something? My hair is getting on all my nerves. Not the last one but actually like all them muthafawkers. It’s being petty on some days and I am tired of it. Or maybe I am being petty because I am in need of a change. Either way something has to give. I am strongly considering cutting and/or coloring my hair; not all off – ain’t No Waiting to Exhale going on bruh. But I will take a lil off the sides and back to give it a bit of spice for the summer.
4. Pamper Myself. I have completely gotten away from consistent manicures and pedicures because my kids don’t like me. They suck up all my free time and I tell myself I don’t have the time to spare but that shat (yes, shat) is over. A great mani/pedi can make your day AND make your shoe game pop! Last summer, I was not here for the no chip manicure. Check out why here. Things have changed a bit and I am all the way here for the long lasting manicure!
5. Live. That’s it – just live life. Look. I am a mom of two, a wife, a professional, friend, sister, half-time car lyricist (so I'm the only that has lived the life the song is referencing; rapping hard cause it's about my life) and so much more. Life has a way of becoming a cycle of routines. I am committed to breaking out the box and bringing a different energy into my life. The hubby and I will get out more without the kids. So much so that when he brings one of them up I will be very confused.
Hubby: Did you turn on EJ’s night light before we left?
Me: ……. *squints and thinks real hard*
Hubby: Stop playing.
Me: Oh lil dude that don’t pay no bills but have a ton of requests. No, I didn’t. He’ll live.
I kid, I will not forget my babies. Well, at least for no more than like 5 hours. There will be times where I will make myself the priority and be all the way good with that. Being so many things to so many people it can be easy not to live. Make some summer commitments to yourself to ensure you enjoy the beauty of summer while it lasts.