By Eboni Elise
Summer officially starts June 21st! With this good weather we’re having, I feel like kicking summer off early. Good-bye chilly wind gusts and hello sun! The great thing about living in Chicago is that it’s allllways something to do. Ain’t nothing like summertime Chi! Around these parts, our summers are short so I’m planning to make the most of it. Ya’ll know I like lists and being organized. To make this a memorable summer and help me do all of the things I want to do, I’ve created the ultimate Summer16 bucket list. Some don’t know it yet but I have plans for all (besties included!).
With the Family
- Beach day! Sandcastles, sun and fun.
- Visit Lincoln Park Zoo (free99!)
- Check out the new Zoom Room exhibit at The Chicago Children’s Museum
- See an outdoor movie at Movies in the Park! The Sandlot, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Wiz…some of my favs.
- Host a family game night!
- Eat from a food truck for all 3 meals (Pilsen Food Truck Social)
- Have a tech-free day!
For Date Nights
- Ride the Centennial Wheel @ Navy Pier and catch the fireworks show!
- Go on a boat ride during sunset
- Paint & wine couples date with friends
- Spend the night away from home
- Horseback riding – I’ve never been. To me, this is adventurous.
- Live music on the beach, Ravinia or City Winery
With the Besties
- Take a trip to a good Farmer’s Market
- Two words – SPA DAY!
- Read 3 new books
- Start and finish a DIY project
- Make lemonade. (Still vibin to Beyonce’) Find some great lemonade recipes on Pinterest.
What’s on your summer bucket list? I want to know!